The steps below are for setting up your Slamdot email account inside Microsoft Outlook 2003 using IMAP, which is generally good for checking email on multiple devices.
- In Microsoft Outlook, from the Tools menu, select E-mail Accounts.
- On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select Add a new e-mail account , and then click Next.
- For your server type, select IMAP , then click Next.
- On the Internet E-Mail Settings (IMAP) window, enter the following information: Your NameYour first and last name.E-mail AddressYour email address.User NameYour full email address again (must include @yourdomain.com)PasswordYour email account password.Incoming Mail Server (POP3)mail.yourdomain.com_Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)_mail.yourdomain.com
- Leave Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) unchecked.
- Click More Settings.
- In the Internet E-mail Settings window, go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Go to the Advanced tab, and change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 587.
- Click OK.
- Click the Test Account Settings button under Test Settings. If everything is setup properly, all tests should run successfully and pass.
- If the tests run fine, then click Next.
- Click Finish.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Microsoft or Microsoft Products. Outlook 2003® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.