The steps below are for setting up your Slamdot email account inside Apple Mail 4.0 using IMAP.
- From the Mail menu, select Preferences.
- Click Create an Account ( + symbol).
- In the Add Account window, enter your full name, email address and password, and then click Continue.
- In the Incoming Mail Server window, from the Account Type list, select IMAP.
- Enter the following account information: DescriptionThe name for this mail server (e.g. yourdomain.com)Incoming Mail Server mail.yourdomain.com User Name and PasswordYour email address and email account password
- Click Continue.
- In the Incoming Mail Security window, select Authentication , and click Continue.
- In the Outgoing Mail Server window, enter the following account information: DescriptionThe name for this mail server (e.g. yourdomain.com)Outgoing Mail Server mail.yourdomain.com Select Use AuthenticationUser Name and PasswordYour email address and email account password
- Click Continue.
- In the Outgoing Mail Security window, select Authentication. Click Continue.
- An Account Summary window displays the account details. Verify that your account information is accurate, and then click Continue.
- Under Advanced Settings change the following port values:
Outgoing Port 587
- You may get a warning that says The identity of “yourdomain.com” cannot be verified.” If so, simply click the “Show Certificate” button, then check the box next to Always trust “localhost” when connecting to “yourdomain.com” , and close the window by clicking the “Connect” button.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by Apple or Apple products.