The steps below are for setting up your Slamdot email account on your iPhone using IMAP.
- On your iPhone go to Settings.
- On the Settings screen, tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter your Name.
- Enter your Email Address.
- Enter your Password.
- Enter a short Description for your email.
- Tap Next.
- Because you’re using IMAP, tap IMAP.
- For your incoming server, use the following settings: Hostname_mail.yourdomain.com_UsernameYour full email address again (must include @yourdomain.com)PasswordYour email account password.
- For the outgoing server, use the following settings: Outgoing (SMTP) Server_mail.yourdomain.com_Port number_587_Security typeNone
- Make sure SSL (Secure Connection) is turned ON under the “Advanced” settings.
- For Authentication, choose Password.
- The incoming server port should be set to 993 with SSL enabled, so make sure that’s configured properly.
- Tap Next (or go back to the main Account screen and tap Done if you’re editing an existing account), and then tap Save.
- You may get a warning that says Server Connection Failed: The certificate for “email@example.com” may not be valid.” If so, simply click Continue.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. We are not affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by Apple.